Foundation is something I have struggled with for as long as I have been wearing make up, as I am sure several other women do. With fair and sometimes oily skin, anything I have tried was either too light, too dark, or left me at the end of the day with a very shiny chin. I’d buy bottles of new foundation at the drug store to try out, only to find they didn’t match my color at all. $10, $12, $15 wasted on many occasions. In the last few years, I’ve tried out more expensive, natural foundations such as bare minerals and Tarte, which run between $40 – $50, but you usually can get somebody at a store like Macy’s, Sephora, or Ulta to color match you before you spend the money, and they last quite a while. So far, I’ve been the happiest with Tarte’s Amazonian Clay foundation, which matches my skin, lasts all day long, and doesn’t leave my skin oily. I’ve tried bare minerals multiple times, but breathing in the powder often gives me a worrisome headache, even when trying to hold my breath while applying.
Enter Annmarie Skin Care’s earth mineral foundation makeup.
It is unlike any foundation I have yet to try. It is in powder form, and becomes a liquid when you mix it with any moisturizer or facial oil ( which = no breathing in mineral powder!). Watch this video to see how easy it is to use.
Here are a list of some of my favorite things about the foundation:
1. The foundation comes in four colors. You can blend colors (watch here) to create one that best matches your skin tone. Great for that awkward time period between seasons when you are gaining or losing your tan, and your foundation no longer matches!
2. There are only 4 ingredients: Titanium dioxide, Iron oxide, Mica and Zinc oxide. All minerals, all natural.
3. You can control the amount of coverage you want. Depending on how much liquid you add into the powder, you can create a thicker or thinner foundation that allows you to cover what you need to and even out what you necessarily don’t. As somebody who has occasional acne, it’s great to be able to conceal red bumps when I need to, and simply even out my skin tone the rest of the time.
4. Natural UV protection – always a great benefit from make up.
5. If your face is a little bit dry, especially during the winter, using a foundation that has moisturizer as the liquefying agent means your skin is also being moisturized throughout the entire day. Additionally, it gives your face a nice glowing/dewy appearance, which makes it look less like you’re wearing any makeup at all.
For my skintone, I use the sand color and add a little bitt of the honey color because sand alone is a little bit too light. Below are a before, during, and after photo of my most recent application of the makeup.
If you’re interested in trying it out for yourself, Annmarie Skin Care will be selling sample kits for $20 very soon! It is the same kit that I received to sample, and in one small dram I was able to apply the make up about 6-7 times – a little goes a long way. Plus, you get a $10 off coupon with your kit. Update: you can now get the full size here for $49.95. Mine is on its way!